Hi, I'm Khazret Sapenov, CTO of Cloudcor.
A 20-year veteran of ICT, Khazret Sapenov is founder and chief technology officer of Cloudcor, which serves hundreds of enterprise clients and works closely with a set of managed partners and independent software vendors. In this role, Sapenov is responsible for leading overall strategy and technology direction across the United States and Canada, including employees in IT, partner, marketing, operations and vertical industry teams.
Sapenov previously served as the corporate director of research and development at Enomaly, where he was responsible for growing the company virtualization solutions business, including development and service delivery.
Prior to working with Enomaly, Sapenov held the positions in technology solutions development in various Fortune 100 companies. In that role he was responsible for global network, data centers, information security, help desk, core IT services and enterprise line-of-business applications.
Cloudcor organizations under Sapenov's leadership have developed into one market leaders and gained wide recorgnition as thought leader in cloud computing.
Sapenov founded Cloudcor in 2008. Before that, he was at corporate and academic research roles, covering oil & gas resources prospecting and development. Sapenov is a graduate of the University of Karaganda, where he received Master's Degree in Applied Mathematics.
Khazret Sapenov's Background
Khazret Sapenov's Experience
CTO at Cloudcor Inc.
STRATEGY & PLANNING
- identify opportunities and risks for delivering the companyâs services as a cloud-based business;
- identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- evaluate and identified appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the companyâs services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all cloud-based services.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organizationâs resources are used responsibly
- Communicate the companyâs technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organizationâs investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the companyâs technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
Director of R&D at Enomaly
August 2005 - November 2008
Exploring future directions of cloud computing for Fortune 100 companies.
Senior Java Developer at Duns & Bradstreet
February 2005 - September 2005
Billing infrastructure development for business lists and ad delivery tools projects.
Lead Developer at CMS Inc
June 2000 - February 2005
Khazret Sapenov's Education
Karagandinskij Gosudarstvennyj Universitet im. E.A. Buketova
1989 – 1996
Khazret Sapenov's Interests & Activities
Mathematics - Inverse and Ill-posed problems, Cloud Computing, Soccer, Downhill Skiing, Biking.